The air cargo industry is facing challenges on a scale unparalleled to any other time. Air cargo from China continues to surge to meet demands for PPE, creating extremely high rates. Air carriers are pushing to add capacity to meet the spiking demand for these critical items to battle the pandemic, while ocean carriers are decreasing capacity to account for the plunge in demand for most other goods. The difference in rates between air and ocean is striking, with air rates out of China at an increase of more than 400%.
- Lockdown 5.0 till June 30 in containment zones in India
- USDA Extends Electronic Copies of Veterinary Certificates and Phytosanitary Certificates
- Lockdown 4.0 in India till 31st May 2020
- Air rates soar leading to severe airline congestion
- EXIM Launches “Strengthening American Competitiveness” Initiative