Yesterday, the Export-Import Bank of the United States (EXIM) announced a new initiative titled “Strengthening American Competitiveness” that intends to focus on how EXIM can support “Made in the U.S.A.” exports-and the U.S. jobs that make them possible-as U.S. companies seek to compete and win in the global marketplace.
The initiative will run from May – July with teleconferences with American businesses and stakeholders on a variety of issues and U.S. industries. The schedule is as follows:
- May 14, 2020 – Wireless communication (5G)
- May 21, 2020 – Biotechnology and biomedical sciences
- May 28, 2020 – Semiconductors
- June 11, 2020 – Artificial intelligence; high-performance and quantumn computing
- June 18, 2020 – Water treatment and sanitation
- June 25, 2020 – Emerging financial technologies
- July 9, 2020 – Space technology
For more information on the initiative, and how to register for these teleconferences, please see the EXIM website here.