The Government of India announced Unlock 5.0 till October 31, 2020, outside the containment zones on Wednesday, 30th September. The Ministry of Home Affairs, India issued new guidelines to re-open more activities in a graded manner, in areas outside the containment zones and extended the lockdown in containment zones till 31 October 2020.
RELAXATION RELATED TO THE MOVEMENT OF PERSON & GOODS:
- Essential and non-essential goods will be allowed without any further approval.
- No travel pass required for any individual for inter-state movement.
- International passenger flights remain suspended till 31st October 2020. However, freighters are operating from major airports.
- Domestic passenger flights are operational with reduced frequency.
- Transportation of cargo by road is back to normal.
- All customs related activities are fully operational.
- There are no major impacts on exports, shipments are moving smoothly.
- All ports are operational but delay expected due to the non-evacuation of import containers.
- All CFS’s are open but there is a huge pendency of un-cleared import shipments resulting space shortage.
- Business to Business (B2B) Exhibition will be permitted to open outside the containment zones only, with the effect from 15th October 2020.
Find the official notification for Unlock 5.0 here: https://www.mha.gov.in/sites/default/files/MHAOrderDt_30092020.pdf
Read More Related News: https://www.bdginternational.com/logistics-trade-compliance-news/